What exactly does BH Properties do?
We are one of the nation’s premier buyers of commercial real estate. With a 25 year track record of proven performance, BH Properties has amassed over 120 assets in 17 states. Privately owned, the company has the ability to acquire various asset classes and complete acquisitions in as quick as 48 hours. With no outside investors or institutional capital, BH Properties can make decisions quickly without having to raise money or wait for investor approval.
But there’s so much more.
BH Properties is comprised of creators, problem solvers, and hardworking team members. Our team relentlessly strives to be the best in our field and turn any challenge into an opportunity. We are partners and teammates at BH Properties and believe team success is more important than individual credit.
BH Properties is always on the hunt for talented individuals to join our team. In order to be the best, BH Properties strives to acquire, cultivate and retain top talent. We offer competitive benefits such as: medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick, paid holidays, short and long term disability, and 401K. Also, our employees participate in plenty of fun-filled company events.
Asset Manager – Los Angeles
ASSET MANAGERCompany Description
A privately held Real Estate Company in the United States with a diversified portfolio of industrial, office, retail and multi-family residential real estate assets nationwide. With the corporate location in west Los Angeles and asset work-sites in 3 states, we are presently looking to strengthen our Asset Management team.
We are seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated Asset Manager. The candidate will report to the Director of Asset Management and will be a key player in the asset management and tenant relationship management processes.
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Work closely with third party property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals
- Actively participate in the negotiations on new leases and renewals
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the senior management team
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘value-add’ programs within the portfolio
- Perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytical staff
- Model full life cycle financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of the construction management activities
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies
- Work collaboratively with the acquisition team members in evaluating potential investments opportunities
Knowledge Skill Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial real estate, leasing, analysis/asset management experience
- Strong financial modeling skills, detailed property-level financial statement analysis, lease management, pro forma analysis and rent-setting evaluation
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting combined with exceptional analytical skills and financial modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new computer systems
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems
- May involve 30% Travel
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.
Director of Construction
Real Estate Investment Analyst – Located in AZ
JOB DESCRIPTION: Real Estate Investment Analyst – Located in AZ
Responsibilities will include:
- Extensive financial modeling and analysis of prospective acquisitions and dispositions
- Preparation of presentations for the investment committee
- Collect market, financial and physical data to assess prospective transactions relative to predefined criteria and validate the assumptions to be contained in analyses
- Perform sensitivity analyses to support acquisition and disposition decisions
- Analyze company financial documents in order to create and maintain financial models
- Review and summarize transaction documentation to identify key transaction risks
- Support the transaction due diligence and closing processes, as required
- Interface with real estate industry participants in predefined target geographic markets
- Participate in the physical site inspections
- Interact with BH senior management and brokers
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of marketing materials
- Conduct research; oversee special projects as required
- Minimum 2-5 years commercial real estate underwriting/acquisition experience, including real estate valuation; underwriting transactions; and preparing offer letters; investment banking experience a plus
- Financial statements analysis and a general understanding of credit and capital markets
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling, cash flow models, cash-on-cash yield, NPV/IRR analysis, sensitivity tables, and discounted cash flow valuations
- Experience in acquiring industrial, office, and/or retail single tenant investments (acquisitions, dispositions, sale-leasebacks, built-to-suit lease financing, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized self-starter, able to prioritize and meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently with attention to detail
- Personable and team player
- Proficiency in Argus, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Co-Star, Trepp, Real Capital Analytics
Education and Professional Designations:
Bachelor’s’ degree in real estate, accounting or finance; MBA finance degree a plus
Asset Manger – Multi-Family AZ
A privately held Real Estate Investment Company with a diversified portfolio of industrial, office, retail and multi-family assets nationwide, is seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated Asset Managerto oversee the 7multi-family properties in its portfolio.These assets are located in Arizona and California and some travel will be required. The position will be based in Phoenix and will report directly to the Company’s Chief Operating Officer, who is located in Los Angeles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular property visits as required and prepare inspection reports
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager onmulti-family projects
- Coordinate with 3rd party management and meet monthly on property status
- Bid, negotiate, and supervise certain projects
- Review property occupancy and NOI and report in weekly meetings to the Company’s Management
- Participate in weekly rent pricing calls and make rent adjustments when necessary
- Review monthly financial statements, annual budgets and monitor performance
- Assist in the due diligence and escrow activities for property acquisitions and dispositions
- Negotiate 3rd party contracts and monitor other income– cable, laundry, etc.
- Review performance metrics in Yardi Matrix
- Coordinate with HOA management company
- Conduct tenant surveys quarterly
- Measure actual occupancy versus market quarterly per property and make recommendations as necessary
- Some travel required
- College degree
- Minimum of 10 years of broad based multi-family property management experience
- Strong communication skills with both internal & external customers and at all levels within the organization
- Understand contracts, leases and leasing objectives
- Skilled in customer service and tenant relations
- Ability to initiate bid requests, vendor and contractor management
- Ability to present self and company in a professional manner in all customer communications and actions
- Solid time management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and successfully balance multiple tasks and requests
- Must be able to exhibit initiative and work independently
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player and work well with Senior Management, tenants, contractors and other daily contacts
- MS Office proficiency expected
- Experience in managing properties under rent control
- Experience and understanding of lead tracking programs
- Yardi Voyager and Yardi RentMazimizer experience a plus.
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well- capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.