What exactly does BH Properties do?
We are one of the nation’s premier buyers of commercial real estate. With a 25 year track record of proven performance, BH Properties has amassed over 120 assets in 17 states. Privately owned, the company has the ability to acquire various asset classes and complete acquisitions in as quick as 48 hours. With no outside investors or institutional capital, BH Properties can make decisions quickly without having to raise money or wait for investor approval.
But there’s so much more.
BH Properties is comprised of creators, problem solvers, and hardworking team members. Our team relentlessly strives to be the best in our field and turn any challenge into an opportunity. We are partners and teammates at BH Properties and believe team success is more important than individual credit.
BH Properties is always on the hunt for talented individuals to join our team. In order to be the best, BH Properties strives to acquire, cultivate and retain top talent. We offer competitive benefits such as: medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick, paid holidays, short and long term disability, and 401K. Also, our employees participate in plenty of fun-filled company events.
The Accountant I reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is a key participant in the property accounting process, tenant and vendor relations, problem-solving, preparing reports for the accounting team and management, and completing assigned projects.
- Perform all accounting tasks pertaining to assigned properties, including preparing commercial billing, reviewing invoices for payments, posting receipts, and managing relationships with tenants, vendors, and property management companies, if applicable
- Reconcile periodic financial and accounting statements, including bank statements
- Maintain records of bank and cash transactions, including invoices, books, and other documents relating to accounts and contracts of the company
- Prepare annual/periodic common area maintenance (CAM) expense reconciliation
- Conduct accounting processes related to property acquisition/disposition
- Prepare reports for the accounting team management, as assigned
- Complete other projects and tasks assigned by accounting management
- Accounting degree required
- Broad based accounting for real estate experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization and externally with tenants, vendors and other outside parties
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong work ethic
- Must be a team player
- Yardi experience preferred
Asset Manager – Los Angeles
A privately held Real Estate Company in the United States with a diversified portfolio of industrial, office, retail and multi-family residential real estate assets nationwide. With the corporate location in west Los Angeles and asset work-sites in 3 states, we are presently looking to strengthen our Asset Management team.
We are seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated Asset Manager. The candidate will report to the Director of Asset Management and will be a key player in the asset management and tenant relationship management processes.
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Work closely with third party property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals
- Actively participate in the negotiations on new leases and renewals
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the senior management team
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘value-add’ programs within the portfolio
- Perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytical staff
- Model full life cycle financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of the construction management activities
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies
- Work collaboratively with the acquisition team members in evaluating potential investments opportunities
Knowledge Skill Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial real estate, leasing, analysis/asset management experience
- Strong financial modeling skills, detailed property-level financial statement analysis, lease management, pro forma analysis and rent-setting evaluation
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting combined with exceptional analytical skills and financial modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new computer systems
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems
- May involve 30% Travel
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.
Director of Construction
JOB DESCRIPTION: Accounts Payable Processor
The A/P Processor reports to the PM Supervisor and will be a key player in the property management process, helping with requests, problem solving and documentation.
Process accounts payable invoices Coordinate tenant requests
Prepare maintenance reports
Prepare and follow up on work orders Monitor vendor contracts
Assist with overseeing small construction projects
Facilitate the transfer of utilities and other services upon property acquisition/disposition Answer, screen and direct incoming calls
Open and distribute incoming mail and faxes Perform administrative tasks as assigned
Special projects directed by the PM Supervisor
2+ years of related experience and/or training preferred Strong analytical and collaboration skills
MS Office Word and Excel knowledge Yardi experience a plus
Self-starter with strong communication skills
Able to multi-task with excellent time management, follow-up and organizational skills Creative and able to “think outside the box”