BH Properties, a Los Angeles based private real estate investment company (“Company”), is seeking to hire a Real Estate Analyst to work remotely. This role will have exposure across the investment platform, representing an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Commercial Real Estate professional to broaden and refine their experience.
The role will join a dynamic and growing Company to provide analytical support to the Acquisitions team across a diverse spectrum of investment opportunities ranging from distressed debt, bankruptcy acquisitions, recapitalizations and value-added deals on investments nationwide and in various parts of the capital stack. Additionally, the role will work closely with Company Acquisition Officers along with having exposure to Company senior management.
The Company is entrepreneurial by nature and looking for a motivated, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist with the analysis of investment opportunities including market analysis, cash flow and financial modeling, benchmarking sponsorship underwriting and analyzing debt among a wide range of potential outcomes
- Review, analyze and reconcile financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Assist in the gathering, coordination and review of due diligence materials for prospective investments including sales and lease comps, leases, rent rolls, loan documents, LLC documents, title and survey, and third-party reports
- Assist in the preparation of asset-level investment recommendations to senior management, identifying elements of risk and reward
- Research new opportunities and market segments
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate asset management and/or acquisitions. Hospitality experience a plus
- Comfort and proficiency in underwriting and analyzing real estate debt opportunities
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal and written skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to work effectively with minimal oversight, while functioning in a team environment
- Ability to generate high quality, error-free work product for internal and external distribution on tight deadlines with minimal oversight
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Passion for commercial real estate and desire to grow with an exceptional team
- Graduated cum laude or better with bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance and/or Accounting
- MBA preferred
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary expectations. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.