BH Properties (“Company”), a Los Angeles based private real estate investment company is initially seeking three Retail Acquisition Associates focused on (1) Los Angeles (and north), (2) Orange County (and south) and (3) Phoenix, Arizona. These roles provide a unique opportunity for an aspiring CRE professional to broaden their experience through association with a leading principal-based investor.
Each Consultant will participate with a dynamic and growing Company to source potential retail acquisition opportunities which may include distressed debt. Additionally, the role will work closely with Senior Managing Directors of acquisitions and have direct exposure to senior management.
The Company is entrepreneurial by nature and looking for a motivated, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to integrate with management and acquisitions teams.
Core responsibilities include:
- Sourcing potential ‘non-listed’ retail acquisition opportunities using industry tools to identify retail investors within targeted markets, creating a pipeline of potential targets
- Comfortable with ‘cold-calling’ to generate a pipeline of potential retail acquisition opportunities pursuant to Company guidelines
- Assist in the gathering, coordination and review of due diligence materials for prospective acquisitions
- Assist senior staff members in the preparation of asset-level recommendations for investment to senior management
- Work along with senior staff members in researching new opportunities and market segments
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in real estate brokerage or investment sales with a focus on the retail sector
- Experience in target market research and sourcing techniques
- Experience in underwriting and analyzing the basic elements that create compelling investment characteristics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal and written skills
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (‘CRM’) software
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to work effectively with minimal oversight, while functioning in a team environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- A bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Finance, Accounting or Economics
As a Consultant, the role will be structured as a 1099 Agreement. We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group.