REAL ESTATE ANALYST
BH Properties, a Los Angeles based private real estate investment company (“Company”), is seeking to hire a Real Estate Analyst in our Texas office. This role will have exposure across the investment platform, representing an exciting opportunity for an aspiring CRE professional to broaden and refine their experience.
The role will join a dynamic and growing Company to provide analytical support to the Acquisitions team across a diverse spectrum of investment opportunities ranging from distressed debt, bankruptcy acquisitions, recapitalizations and value add deals on investments nationwide and in various parts of the capital stack. Additionally, the role will work closely with Company Acquisition Officers along with having exposure to Company senior management.
The Company is entrepreneurial by nature and looking for a motivated, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist with the analysis of investment opportunities including market analysis, cash flow and financial modeling, benchmarking sponsorship underwriting and analyzing debt among a wide range of potential outcomes
- Review, analyze and reconcile financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Assist in the gathering, coordination and review of due diligence materials for prospective investments including sales and lease comps, leases, rent rolls, loan documents, LLC documents, title and survey, and third-party reports
- Assist in the preparation of asset-level investment recommendations to senior management, identifying elements of risk and reward
- Research new opportunities and market segments
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate asset management and/or acquisitions.
- Comfort and proficiency in underwriting and analyzing real estate debt opportunities
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal and written skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to work effectively with minimal oversight, while functioning in a team environment
- Ability to generate high quality, error-free work product for internal and external distribution on tight deadlines with minimal oversight
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Passion for commercial real estate and desire to grow with an exceptional team
- A bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance and/or Accounting with an above average GPA. MBA a plus.
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary expectations. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.
About BH Properties, LLC
The Company (‘BH Properties’), privately held and founded nearly 30 years ago, is regarded as a vertically integrated real estate investment company capable of acquiring and managing a geographically and product diverse portfolio of assets quickly and efficiently through its offices in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Dallas. The Company continues to focus on value-add transactions, distressed debt, and ground leases. Its relationships within the real estate and finance community, lack of third-party investors, speed and flexible closing structures to accommodate seller needs is a hallmark of the organization. Today, the Company owns and operates approximately 10M square feet across 18 states.