What exactly does BH Properties do?
BH Properties is always on the hunt for talented individuals to join our team. In order to be the best, BH Properties strives to acquire, cultivate and retain top talent. We offer competitive benefits such as: medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick, paid holidays, short and long term disability, and 401K. Also, our employees participate in plenty of fun-filled company events.
The Accounting Assistant reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager and is a key participant in the receivables process, tenant relations, problem-solving, preparing reports for the accounting team and management, and completing assigned projects.
- Perform all accounting tasks pertaining to assigned properties, including preparing commercial billing, posting receipts, and managing relationships with tenants and property management companies, if applicable
- Follow up and work with asset managers to collect delinquent accounts
- Conduct accounting processes related to property acquisition/disposition
- Prepare reports for the accounting team management, as assigned
- Complete other projects and tasks assigned by accounting management
- Accounting degree required
- Broad based accounting for real estate experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization and externally with tenants and other outside parties
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong work ethic
- Must be a team player
- Yardi experience preferred
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well- capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.
We are seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated Asset Manager. The candidate will report to the Director of Asset Management and will be a key player in the asset management and tenant relationship management processes.
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Work closely with third party property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals
- Actively participate in the negotiations on new leases and renewals
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the senior management team
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘value-add’ programs within the portfolio
- Perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytical staff
- Model full life cycle financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of the construction management activities
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies
- Work collaboratively with the acquisition team members in evaluating potential investments opportunities
Knowledge Skill Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial real estate, leasing, analysis/asset management experience
- Strong financial modeling skills, detailed property-level financial statement analysis, lease management, pro forma analysis and rent-setting evaluation
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting combined with exceptional analytical skills and financial modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new computer systems
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems
- May involve 30% Travel
We offer an excellent compensation package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized entrepreneurial investment group. For immediate consideration please submit resume with salary requirement. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered first.